The Australasian Early Career Urban Research Network (AECURN) is a new and energetic ‘Chapter’ of the Australian Cities Research Network (ACRN). AECURN is a network of Early Career Researchers (ECRs) consisting of urban researchers currently undertaking a PhD or within 5 years of submission from across Australia and New Zealand. AECURN’s Board is comprised of ECRs from across Australia and New Zealand.
- Provide a forum for networking and sharing academic expertise and resources.
- To facilitate communication amongst PhD candidates and ECRs who have an interest in urban issues.
- Offer a platform for members to organise research training workshops, seminars, guest lectures, etc to occur nationally, regionally or city-wide.
- To encourage members to participate in ACRN-related activities, particularly the biennial State of Australian Cities conference and PhD workshops, and publication in Australian urban journals.
- To establish links with other young academic networks internationally, e.g. the Association of European Schools of Planning’s Young Academic Network. (http://www.aesop-planning.eu/en_GB/ya-network)
Please visit the Contact Us page if you want to get in touch with us for advice and support to organise research training workshops, seminars, guest lectures, and other activities which might be of interest to AECURN members.
AECURN is supported by a wider network of urban and regional researchers. These are established academics in the urban research community who help to mentor and develop PhD candidates and ECRs.
To get involved find us on Facebook and Twitter or sign up to our Mailing List below.